"Hey, uh, do you want to split a cookie?"
– Syd to Elena, To Zir, With Love
Syd is a recurring character in Season 2 and Season 3 who is in a relationship with Elena Alvarez. They are shown to have many common interests with Elena, such as feminism and geeky TV shows like Doctor Who.
Syd was revealed to be gay in the first episode they appear in, To Zir, With Love. They seemed to have a crush on Elena and later splitting a cookie with her which reveals signs of romance according to Lydia. They shared their first kiss with Elena on a balcony when they were stuck in Elena's family apartment during a lockdown.
In Season 3, Syd mentions their family briefly in different episodes. In episode 6, the father is mentioned briefly as they talk about him picking them up in a couple of hours. In episode 7, they reveal having a brother as they mention him having football try-outs which assumes he is also home-schooled like Syd.
Physical Appearance Edit
Syd is a young white person with long brown hair that is often shown in a casual hairstyle. They have a geeky fashion style and dressed up as a TARDIS in Locked Down.
Memorable Quotes Edit
"Elena, there's no rush. We can do it next month, next year; we can never do it, if that's what you want. No matter what happens, I love you." (To Elena when she's worried about losing her virginity)
- Syd identifies as Non-Binary using the pronouns 'They' and 'Them'.
- They are the first Non-Binary character to be introduced on the show.
- Has a pet Chinchilla named Roxy who they post pictures of in drag on their Finsta account.
- Is a fan of Doctor Who and Harry Potter.
- Their favourite books are 'A Wrinkle in Time' and 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets'.
- In the episode, The First Time, Syd reveals they got tested a year prior when they were with their ex-girlfriend.