"Hey, uh, do you want to split a cookie?"
– Syd to Elena, To Zir, With Love
Syd is a recurring character in Season 2 and Season 3 who is in a relationship with Elena Alvarez. They are shown to have many common interests with Elena, such as feminism and geeky TV shows like Doctor Who.
Syd was revealed to be gay in the first episode they appear in, To Zir, With Love. They seemed to have a crush on Elena and later splitting a cookie with her which reveals signs of romance according to Lydia. They shared their first kiss with Elena on a balcony when they were stuck in Elena's family apartment during a lockdown.
In Season 3, Syd mentions their family briefly in different episodes. In episode 6, the father is mentioned briefly as they talk about him picking them up in a couple of hours. In episode 7, they reveal having a brother as they mention him having football try-outs which assumes he is also home-schooled like Syd.
Physical Appearance Edit
Syd is a young white teenage person with long brown hair that is often shown in a casual hairstyle such as braids, buns, or ponytails.
They have a geeky fashion style and dressed up like a TARDIS in Locked Down and they mostly wear sweatshirts, graphic t-shirts, structured blazers, and other forms of casual clothing as their everyday attire.
Memorable Quotes Edit
"Elena, there's no rush. We can do it next month, next year; we can never do it, if that's what you want. No matter what happens, I love you." (To Elena when she's worried about having sex for the first time.
- Syd is the first character to identify as non-binary and use the pronouns they and them on the show.
- They have a pet Chinchilla named Roxy who they post pictures of in drag on their "Finsta" Instagram account.
- They are a fan of Doctor Who and Harry Potter.
- Their favorite books are A Wrinkle in Time and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- In the episode, The First Time, Syd reveals they got tested for STDs a year prior when they were with their ex-girlfriend Selene.